Ok, so in an effort to write more in 2012, I will steal a lot from another blog site, Katie Takes Five and start to compile some lists.
No one really wants to think about their ultimate demise. But let’s face it, we’re all going to go at some point. I have made it explicitly clear to my husband, parents, friends, and anyone who I think might give a shit that I don’t want any of the sad, mopey funeral things. Save your money. Reduce me to ashes, please, and toss me off of Mallory Square at sunset. And then have a party. A really, really BIG party – complete with a live band, dancing drag queens, and an open bar. I’m dead serious about the last part (no pun intended there, I guess…) Celebrate my life, not my death.
So – on that happy note…here, in no particular order, are the top 5 things I hope they say at my funeral:
- Wow, I can’t believe she lived to be 105 – and was still Hashing until 103.
- No matter what happened, I always knew Mom loved us.
- This band is ok, but it’s no HELLAgoodTIME.
- The world is a better place for all that she did for education and the arts.
- Leave it to Kathy to keep the FUN in funeral.
And finally…… 6. How much would she want us to tip the bartender?
That’s it. Short and sweet. I hope to leave the world with plenty of stories for a gathering on my behalf….and I hope that many of you will be able to attend in 2077.