Well, this post is about a week late, but better late than never, right?
All Mom’s need to feel like Rockstars every now and again. You can only spend some many days with midgets with juice boxes and attitudes hanging off of you like a human May Pole. And for me, the need is probably just a little bit more. Every teacher is on their stage every class, and although I never considered myself the sage on the stage like most college professors, it is nice to be able to demand and receive attention from everyone in the room at any moment.
Combine that with a modest amount of musical ability, and a best friend guitar teacher with a sound system (and you can check out Iran’s music page HERE) , and you have the makings of a rockstar wannabe: ME. Add friends who like to drink beer, and a great hubby who likes to entertain, and you have HELLAgoodTIME.
And while our set list consist more of songs that we want to play than probably songs people want to hear, it’s a work in progress. Here’s our song list from the party on July 30th – in no particular order:
- Leaky Little Boat – Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers
- You Always Make Me Smile – Kyle Andrews
- Beer – Reel Big Fish
- Hotel California – The Eagles
- Man Smart, Woman Smarter/Iko Iko – Greatful Dead
- Every Rose Has it’s Thorn – Poison
- What I Got – Sublime
- Mexico – The Refreshments
- Talk Dirty to Me – Poison (check out the Reel Big Fish cover)
- If I Ever Leave This World Alive – Flogging Molly
- Rocky Raccoon – The Beatles
- Wish You Were Here – Pink Floyd
- Bad Fish – Sublime
- Steal My Kisses – Ben Harper
- Stepping Stones – G Love and Special Sauce
- Mekong – The Refreshments
- The Lazy Song – Bruno Mars
- Sweet Home Alabama/All Summer Long – Lynyrd Skynyrd/Kid Rock